2: Participant: Involved
Definition: to take part in or become involved in an activity whilst improving physical fitness, mental well-being and forming social relationships.
Someone who has decided that golf is a game for them. Could be an independent/nomadic golfer or a member of a club. May have time constraints and still be active in other sports. Possibly plays with a regular group and may participate in the occasional informal roll-up or formal competition. Will possess own equipment, however this may not be the most up to date models, although will usually invest more in equipment than coaching.
The participant is prepared to travel and possibly invest in golf holidays. May be engaged in occasional coaching, either to cure a fault or to try and get a little better – may be limited to practice due to time constraints. Most golf played will be on the course playing with friends. The participant is retained and remains involved in the game as long as the social and semi-competitive elements are present – with these in place the participant will stay with the game.
- Club members
- Club Managers
- Golf retail and Club fitting
- Volunteer coaches
- Support workers/physiotherapist
- Federation staff
- PGA coaches
- Junior organisers
- Golfers with a disability
Resources: EDGA Participant:
- EDGA5 (club-fun) and EDGA9 (social – family – fun competition)
- Introduction to coaching participants with disability (2 days)
- How I play series
- Key coaching considerations for participants with disability – Quick reference resource: – https://edgagolf.com/dev/index.php/key-coaching-considerations-for-coaching-participants-with-disability/